“Oh, well. What’s a royal ball?
After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull,
and-and-and boring, and-and completely…
Completely wonderful.” -Cindarella
DC is America’s center for Viennese Waltz.
Join us and prepare for the ball season!
Immersion is the Best way to learn!
Washington DC is the Mecca of Viennese Waltz for the United States- Over ten balls a year, packed with waltzers, meeting and dancing and creating intrigue! How best to prepare for such a ball? Immerse yourself!
We will slowly but surely teach you skills in the Viennese Waltz to prepare you for this incredible experience, with a series of advancing lessons. You will learn basics of several styes of Waltzing, to include Smooth, Standard, and social style ! By the end, you will have developed skills that will enable you to function socially in any Viennese Waltz setting, and you will also make a lot of dance friends while doing so.
If you have been to past immersions, remember, every year we teach different movements, so you can still learn more. Additionally, past immersion participants are “bootvets” and receive 15% off this and other immersions!
1. Tue, 28 Feb, 730-930 pm: Intro to Viennese Waltz, stationary basics, stationary left turns, whisks w/ladies turn, practice
2. Thu, 2 Mar, 730-930 pm: Practice, Review, basic combos, progressive basic, Patty-cake, Smooth COMBO, Navigational skills, Discussion of balls in Vienna (at the break)
3. Fri, 3 Mar, 730-930 pm: Practice, Review, Patty-cake, Intro to natural stationary turns (folk), Intro to Fledermaus Quadrille #6
4. Sun, 5 Mar, 1-330 pm: Hook turn to the Right (Folk), Reverse turn (International left turn), stationary left turns, Navigation drill, Fledermaus Quadrille #6
5. Tue, 7 Mar Nov, 730-930 pm: Practice, Review, Natural Turn (international), change steps from left to right and right to left, fifth position break, single fleckerel to the right
6. Thu 9 Mar, 730-930 pm: Recharge for the balls- full camp review and drills! Fledermaus Quadrille #6
7. Sat 11 Mar, 7-11 pm: Tyson’s Strauss Ball! (NOT INCLUDED) After the camp, join all of your new friends for an evening of dancing to waltz music from the con Brio orchestra!
LOCATION OF THE CAMP
McLean One Life Fitness, 1800 Old Meadow Road, McLean, VA Plenty of Parking! Silver Line Metro stop .7 miles away
Prices rise at the door! Prices vary because you may register for any 3 or 6 sessions. We generally recommend most dancers start with the first session to begin or continue to work on the basics; however dancers with quite a bit of experience can start with later sessions. If you cannot make 3 or 6 sessions, please contact me and we can work out other arrangements.
Bootvets (former camp graduates) receive a 15% discount off.
Referral Bonus: Past Attendees (bootvets) who refer a brand new guest for the full camp will receive a $50 credit back for each new attendee who signs up (up to the maximum value of your camp attendance). $25 credit if they sign up for half of the camp. Just email Todd and let him know who the new attendee is!
Check, Cash or Venmo
Payments by check may be made out to “DANCE SPORT ENDURANCE, LLC” and sent to 7507 Pleasant Way, Annandale, VA, 22003. To pay cash, drop by any of our classes! For further information, call 202-361-8633 or 703-298-3577. To use Venmo or Applepay, please email or call Todd.
Credit Card or Paypal
Todd Borzych and Migle Gineityte. Todd and Migle have performed Viennese Waltz at the Hoffburg Palace in Vienna, the Austrian Embassy in Washington DC, and many other venues. They love to dance multiple styles of Viennese Waltz, fusing International, American, and Folk style into their love of the dance. They are masters of the immersion technique for teaching students to dance. Together they have taught thousands of students to dance in socials, weddings and performance settings.
Migle danced competitive ballroom in Europe from the time she was 4 years old, has a degree in Modern dance, and teaches ballroom dance at George Mason University. Todd has danced performance ballroom, Argentine Tango, and Salsa for over 20 years and is the founder/creator of DanceSport Endurance, a dance workout for ballroom dancers that has inspired dance athletes since 2003.
If you’d like to link up via facebook, search DANCE SPORT ENDURANCE!
For further information via telephone, call 202-361-8633
If you have friends who would like to be on the Dance Sport Endurance dance mailing list, it would awesome if you could send them this website. The emails are sent out approximately once every week or two weeks and contain information on the best dance events in DC as well as all of the classes offered in Dance Sport Endurance and several social dances, to include Viennese Waltz balls, Tango Milongas, Swing dances, Salsa, ballroom, latin, and more! The DanceSport Endurance movement grows everyday. Thousands of students have begun dancing through our programs!