Aug 20-31 Tango MegaFuntensive®
Argentine Tango immersion!
Come join us for a Funtensive focused series of Argentine Tango lessons with 3 levels!
–No partner required
–First half of camp is beginner level and requires no previous experience.
–Second half of camp requires no partner but does require some experience or previous lessons (see below).
Regency Sport and Health, 1800 Old Meadow Road, McLean, VA
METRO ACCESSIBLE VIA SILVER LINE!
What is amazing about Tango?
- Men find Tango to be one of the most interesting dances to learn with easy physical movements that are mentally stimulating. Leaders learn through Tango how to truly lead social dance and how to improvise!
- Women find Tango alluring because of the skill, the Zen involved, the partner communication and the chance to pull from other experience. Tango teaches focused communication between partners.
Experience the Tango,
and experience a wonderful addition to your life.
You never know where it may take you!
We will slowly ramp up your tango skills each night. You will learn basics such as Boleos, Sacadas, Volcadas, rhythms such as Tango-Waltz, leading and following (throughout), social skills, etiquette, and more. You will also learn what those words mean! By the end, you will have developed skills that will enable you to function socially on a tango floor, and you will have an opportunity to try them out at a “Milonga”, or social dance. You will make a lot of dance friends while doing so.
Schedule (Subject to minor changes)
1. Mon, Aug 20: 7:30 – 10:00 pm, BEGINNER- Walks in Parallel, Molinete, Forward Ochos, Leading essentials
2. Wed, Aug 22: 7:30 – 10:00 pm, BEGINNER- Cross System intro, Crusada, Cortada, Following essentials
3. Fri, Aug 24: 7:30 – 10:00 pm, BEGINNER- Back Ochos, Twist Turn, Rotational Boleos,
4. Sat, Aug 25: 2:00 – 4:00 pm, BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE- Sacadas, 8-step “basic” application, Review
5. Sat, Aug 25: 4:00 – 6:00 pm, INTERMEDIATE- Vals, Linear Boleos, Ganchos, Barridas
6. Sun, Aug 26: 12:30 – 3:00 pm, INTERMEDIATE- Close Embrace, Milonga, Syncopation
7. Mon, Aug 27: 7:30-10:00 pm, INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED- Tango Vals, Musicality, Rebotos, Enrosques, More Barridas, Volcadas, Alterations
8. Wed, Aug 29: 7:30-10:00 pm, ADVANCED- Advanced combinations/techniques from Colgada/Volcada, Enrosques, El Gato, Linear/Rotational boleo combos
9. Fri, Aug 31: 7:30-10:00 pm, ADVANCED- Organic movement and connection, Direction reversals, Advanced combination, Review
10. Sun, Sep 2: Class outing; free tango at Freedom Plaza 730-10 pm (DC next to White House)
Have any friends who might be interested? Try Tango lessons as a gift!
Please base the days you intend to attend class on the levels presented. Recommended days by level are as follows:
Brand new Beginners may register for the first 4 or 6 sessions; the last 3 days will be too advanced for students with no dance experience.
Intermediate and Advanced dancers may register for all 9 or any 6 or 4 sessions
-Out of town students with a little experience may want to consider attending the Fri through Mon sessions.
-Previous attendees- bring new students at full price and get big discounts (50% off if you bring a new attendee)!
Bootvets (previous camp attendees) receive a 15% discount off.
Special Offer: Bootvets who bring a brand new guest for 6 sessions of camp will receive 50% off your attendance at the full camp! See the last option in the drop down. AND Bootvets who bring more people can get even better discounts!
Pay by Credit Card, Paypal, Check, or Cash
Check or Cash
Payments by check may be made out to “DANCESPORT ENDURANCE, LLC” and sent to 7507 Pleasant Way, Annandale, VA, 22003. To pay by cash, you can drop by any of our classes! For further information via telephone, call 202-361-8633
Credit Card or Paypal:
REGISTER HERE FOR 4 SESSIONS OF THE 9 SESSION CAMP
|Partial camp-4 SESSIONS|
|Single-4 Sessions $185.00 USDCouple- 4 Sessions $325.00 USDSingle- 4 Sessions Bootvet discount $157.25 USDCouple- 4 Sessions Bootvet discount $276.25 USD|
|Female Or Male|
REGISTER HERE FOR 6 SESSIONS OF THE 9 SESSION CAMP
|Single 6 Sessions $255.00 USDCouple $425.00 USDSingle Bootvet discounted 6 Sessions $216.75 USDCouple Bootvet discounted $361.25 USDSpecial- 1 Bootvet with 1 new attendee $382.50 USD|
|Female Or Male|
REGISTER HERE FOR ALL 9 SESSIONS OF CAMP (INTERMEDIATE OR ADVANCED DANCERS ONLY)
|Full 9 Sessions CAMP- STUDENTS WITH EXPERIENCE ONLY|
|Single Full 9 Session $315.00 USDCouple Full $525.00 USDSingle Bootvet discounted Full $267.75 USDCouple Bootvet discounted Full $446.75 USD|
|Female Or Male|
Shoes for the Camp and Tango
Add a pair of Ultimate Comfort” Tango shoes for a Camp discounted price of $95 (including tax)!
Flexible soft Tango Shoes for Camp and Dancing! $95.00
|Discount Camp Price $95.00 USD|
|Enter Regular Shoe Size|
Todd and Migle! Todd has over 20 years of dance experience behind him, and Migle has over 30. They have studied all of the social dances extensively as well as ballet, modern, tap, jazz, afro-cuban, and aerobics. They bring all of this experience into their tango while striving to keep true to the core of Tango! They teach a systematic yet artistic approach, using neutral technique. Todd is a certified DVIDA instructor and uses the rigorous DVIDA syllabus as a backbone for the immersions, as well as influences from Buenos Ares and around the world!
If you have friends who would like to be on the dancesport endurance dance mailing list, it would awesome if you could send them this website. The emails are sent out approximately once every week or two weeks and contain information on the best dance events in DC as well as all of the classes offered in DanceSport Endurance and several social dances, to include Viennese Waltz balls, Tango Milongas, Swing dances, Salsa, ballroom, latin, and more! Over 6000 students have begun dancing through Dancesport Endurance, and the number increases every day!